Martin Luther King, Jr. January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968. Martin Luther King: A Great Civil Rights Leader. Martin Luther King believed in freedom and equality for all people. He did not believe in violence. He wanted to change the laws through peaceful actions. Jim Crow Laws.
January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968
Martin Luther King: A Great Civil Rights Leader
Jim Crow Laws people.
His Childhood hotels, schools, theaters, and other public places.
College Years and Martin was sent to a school for black children.
Dr. King’s Adult Life title of “Doctor”.
2. How old was Martin when he started college?
3. Where did Martin go to college?
4. Who did Martin marry?
5. When Martin became a pastor, where was his church?
6. What did Martin lead in Montgomery, Alabama?
7. What was the famous speech that Martin gave in Washington, D.C.?
8. What great honor did Martin receive in 1964?
9. How did Martin die?
10. When is Martin Luther King Day celebrated?