Warm Up. Monday, September 9, 2013 ( 5 th & 7 th ) What type of macromolecules is an enzyme? . Enzymes. A type of Protein. Objectives. 1. Identify the role of enzymes 2. Describe the components of an energy hill diagram. Role of Enzymes. Characteristics 1) are proteins
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
What type of macromolecules is an enzyme?
A type of Protein
1. Identify the role of enzymes
2. Describe the components of an energy hill diagram
1) are proteins
2) Are catalyst
3) End in –ASE (Ex: Amylase in saliva)
Lock & Key Fit
3. Lipase - help break down fats
***Worth 4 stamps…remember you can earn a 5th stamp for extra credit if you create a WOW assignment***
***Do NOT write on the handout***
1. The provided reading is divided into 4 sections. Read each one.
2. Summarize each section using a 7-9 word complete
sentence. (you should have 4 short summaries)
3. After you complete the 4 sections, summarize the
entire passage using 13-15 words. (5 summaries total)
**THIS DOES NOT TAKE ANY TALKING**
1)Title your page (spare sheet of paper)
2)Paste the table on your sheet. Fill in the table as your complete each task.
3)Answer the questions on your lab sheet under the table using complete sentences on your spare sheet of paper.