Demographics of deaf children and youth, 1998-99. Approximately 45% of deaf children and youth are “minority”. 20 % Hispanic 4% Asian/Pacific >1% Native American 16 % Black/African American 1.5 % multi-ethnic and 1.6% Other 56% White (including Unknowns). Language Minorities.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
(1) using ‘comprehensible input’--content presentation methods that take into account students\' language and experience;
(2) eliciting students\' use of target language;
(3) taking advantage of students\' language resources;
(4) infusing language development into content instruction; and
(5) reflecting critically on professional practice.”
U.S. Department of Education Office of Bilingual Education and Minority Language Affairs 1995http://www.ed.gov/pubs/ModStrat/index.html