Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
SXSW 2012: Three Innovative Approaches to Mobile Learning. Presented by Angela Maeirs, Katherine Burdick, Tom Wolf, Matt Federoff. Add your photo\'s guys!. Tom Wolf After School Learning esparklearning. Angela Maiers Emcee @angelamaiers angelamaiers.com. Matt Federoff 1:1 Mobile
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Angela Maeirs, Katherine Burdick,
Tom Wolf, Matt Federoff
After School Learning
Schools are not ready for Mobile LearningMoney is not there to buy the hardware, train the administration and staff, buy the softwareSome teachers are not tech savy and have no desire to beThere is not enough software to create a complete mobile curriculum
1. stats on kids with mobile devices
2. stats on kids turned on by technology who are turned off by books
3. allows for constructivist learning, get kids out of their seats using text messaging, cameras,
Offers close to 900 leveled readers grades k-5 delivered online as a printable PDF, a projectable, as an ebook, and as two kinds of apps in the Apple app store - THE EXACT SAME BOOK delivered FOUR different ways.
300 books leveled to common Core available in soft cover print, 100 have matching apps with progress monitoring and are correlated to Common Core.
1. Tools 4 Students - 25 graphic organizers that students can use alongside literature to chart story structure and character growth
2. Puppet pals - enables users to clip characters off of websites or within apps to create a puppet show retelling
3. Show Me - interactive white board app - import pages and annotate them to show cause and effect etc.
4. Rover - app that allows you to access flash webpages
5. Thousands of math apps that help with automaticity of math operations e.g.Rocket math
meets school budgets
meets many teachers where they are most comfortable
motivates and engages students to learn
app developers and publishers tend to be different companies
many teachers nearing retirement and do not want to learn the new technologies
professional development needed to train teachers and studentsBlended Pro/Con