Ch 9, Section 4 Progressivism under William Howard Taft. Who won the Presidential election of 1908? William Howard Taft (Republican) Taft was Secretary of War under Teddy Roosevelt 2. In the 1908 election, which Democrat did William Howard Taft defeat? William Jennings Bryan.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. In the 1908 election, which Democrat did William Howard Taft defeat?
4. How was William Howard Taft different from Teddy Roosevelt?
5. From the 1860 Presidential election through the 1908 Presidential election, which Party had won every election but two?
6. From 1860 through 1908, which two Presidential elections did the Democrats win?
7. Which Democrat won in 1884 and 1892?
8. By 1910, which political party was beginning to split into Progressive versus Conservative wings?
9. In the 1910 midterm elections, which party won control of the U.S. House of Representatives?
10. In 1910, former President Teddy Roosevelt (still a Republican) began to call for what?
11. Increasingly, Teddy Roosevelt was in conflict with whom?
12. By 1912, former president, Theodore Roosevelt had decided to do what?
13. As a figure of speech, what do we call candidates who are not Republicans or Democrats?
15. What was the Progressive Party’s nickname in 1912?
17. What were some of the things that TR’s Bull Moose Party supported?
18. In 1912, who did the Democratic Party nominate as its candidate for the presidency?
19. What did Republican voters do in 1912?
20. What other significant “Third Party” candidate ran for the presidency in 1912?
21. Thus who were the four major presidential candidates and parties in the election of 1912?
22. Between which two candidates did the election campaign turn particularly nasty?
23. What were some of the insults thrown by Roosevelt and Taft
24. Republican disunity helped whom the most? turn particularly nasty?
25. Who ultimately won the Presidential election of 1912?
26. What was the final score in electoral votes in the 1912 Presidential election?
27. What percent of the popular vote did Democrat Woodrow Wilson receive?
28. What did Wilson, Roosevelt, and Debs all have in common?
29. What was the approximate final score in terms of popular votes in the 1912 election?
30. Fundamentally, why did the Democrat, Woodrow Wilson, win the Presidential Election of 1912?