District 410 A Zone Chairpersons Presentation. ART OF RECOGNITION. District 410 A Zone Chairpersons Presentation. Importance. * Ever felt unappreciated or unrecognised?. * Ever missed an opportunity to recognise someone else?. District 410 A Zone Chairpersons Presentation.
* Ever felt unappreciated or unrecognised?
* Ever missed an opportunity to recognise someone else?
What is Recognition?
* Acknowledgement with a show of
* Providing support to motivate
* Satisfying the need for approval
* Recognition is respect made visible
Categories of Recognition
Becomes a habit
THANK YOU ~ goes a long way
What should we look for?
The importance of every job
The quality of performance
The person, not the situation
Recipients benefit by:
Motivated to continue
Lions benefit too:
Morale is contagious
Retention and satisfaction of needs
How does the
Increasing our ability to serve
Raising awareness of communities needs
Think of more than formal awards
- Lion of the month, personal gift
What motivates the recipient
- hobbies, activities, family, ask them
Recognition is appropriate, genuine &
specific - the benefits of a great job done
Make it a good habit
- part of normal routine & continuous