No More Email Communication Through One Medium. First Independent Bank of Nevada. Portal (FirstConnect ) is our main source of communication. WHY ?. As FIBN continues to grow it needs an effective tool to communicate internally to all employees.
No More EmailCommunication Through One Medium
First Independent Bank of Nevada
Portal (FirstConnect) is our main source of communication.
As FIBN continues to grow it needs an effective tool to communicate internally to all employees.
1) Formed a Portal Team
Team members consisted of employees from different departments to identify different communication needs.
Project Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Online Banking, and IT.
Together the team formed a strategic and tactic plan to apply the portal as their main source of bank wide communication.
2) Secure read only access was provided to all employees.
Roles, Departments, Committees, and Groups
3) Internal processes, policies, and forms for updating content was defined and documented.
4) Interviews were conducted with each supervisor and executive for content.
5) Content owners were identified and trained on updating their page content. Content managers are responsible to update their pages at least once a month.
6) Manuals were created for all colleagues, content managers, and module additions.
7) Teasers were sent to create excitement about the upcoming portal.
8) Every “everyone” email prior to the portal contained the following:
9) Implemented the portal to automatically come up when each colleague entered the network.
10) Introduction period of five months.
Gave colleagues time to become familiar with the portal.
Any technical difficulties were worked out.
11) Informative emails describing the communication transformation to the portal were also sent out to remind and prepare all colleagues.
Addressing questions and concerns regarding the transformation.
***Reminder effective Jan. 2, 2007 we will be using FirstConnect
as the main source of communication for meetings, alerts and
12) Portal team was available to answer questions and issues the day and week of the change.
13) All colleagues are responsible to check the Headquarters, Home, Bank News and HR page daily.
Our Recent Merger
Now we are thrilled to have one main source of communication!