Promoters. Oriane Broustal BIO 535. Promoters. About promoters ( structure, function,…) Two types of human promoters based on CG content Bidirectional promoters in human genome. Questions:. What are the differences between eukaryotic and prokaryotic promoters?
- The core promoter or basal promoter
- Upstream promoter element ( one or more)
- Activating sequences= Enhancers
- Repressing sequences = Silencers
- with high CpG content ( called HCG) = 72%
- CpG content characteristic of averall genome = 28%
References:Robert J. Brooker. Genetics, Analysis & Principle (second edition)T.A. Brown. Genomes (second edition)Wikipedia web siteSerge Saxonov, Paul Berg, and Douglas L. Brutlag. A genome-wide analysis of CpG dinucleotides in the human genome distinguishes two classes of promoters. PNAS (January, 23, 2006)Nathan D. Trinklein, Shelley Force Aldred, Sara J. Hartman, Diane I. Schroeder, Robert P. Otillar and Richard M.Myers. An Abundance of Bidirectional Promoters in the Human Genome. Genome Research (2004)