Olive oil processing. Professor Alsaed A.K. University of Jordan. Jordanian olive oil industry. Introduction Olive tree is considered the most important tree in Jordan.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Professor Alsaed A.K.
University of Jordan
E. The competitivety of the Jordanian olive oil in the international markets is low since major part of the quantity available for exporting does not comply with the international standards
There are more than 107 presses of olive oil in Jordan classified into three categories:
c. presses established after 2001
The main Importers method
CanadaFigure 15. The main importer countries of olive oil
The case of Italy method
GreeceFigure 16. Exports & imports of the 3 main producers of olive oil
The Main Exporters method
SyriaFigure 17. The main exporters of olive oils
Global method Consumption
Consumption in 1991
Consumption in 2002Figure 18. Quantities of olive oil consumed all over the world
Local Price method
*Figure 20. The Global & local prices of olive oil
Global & Local Prices of Olive Oils
vegetable oilsFigure 21. Consumption from olive oil & other vegetable oils
2001Figure 22. The Jordanian exports of olive oil
21.8%Figure 23. The main market of the Jordanian olive oil exports
The rim shall be even, smooth and flanged.
a temperature of 20 - 22 ° C and hygrometric conditions of 60 to 70% relative humidity are recommended.
4.2. Other 14, “Guide for the selection, training and monitoring of skilled virgin olive oil tasters”negative attributes 4.2.1 Heated or burnt: Characteristic flavor of oils caused by excessive and/or prolonged heating during processing, particularly when the paste is thermally mixed, if this is done under unsuitable thermal conditions.
4.3.2Bitter: Characteristic primary taste of oil obtained from green olives or olives turning color. It is perceived in the circumvallate papillae on the “V” region of the tongue.
• They must not have used any fragrance, cosmetic or soap whose smell could linger until the time of the test.
• Should they feel physically unwell, and in particular if their sense of smell or taste is affected, or if they are under any psychological effect that prevents them from concentrating on their work, the tasters shall refrain from tasting and shall inform the panel leader accordingly.
• When they have complied with the above, the tasters shall take up their place in the booth allotted to them in an orderly, quiet manner.
• They shall carefully read the instructions given on the profile sheet and shall not begin to examine the sample until fully prepared for the task they have to perform (relaxed and unhurried).
• Olive oil shall be classified:
• in the ordinary virgin category the median of the defects is more than 3.5 and less than or equal to 6.0 or when the median of the defects is less than or equal to 3.5 and the median of the fruity attribute is equal to 0;