Developmental Disabilities Program Independent Evaluation (DDPIE) Project. Jennifer Johnson Lynn Elinson Cynthia Thomas AUCD Annual Meeting October 31, 2006. Purpose of the Independent Evaluation. Demonstrate impact of DD Network programs on: Individuals Families Service providers
AUCD Annual Meeting
October 31, 2006
- indicators (structures, processes, outputs,
- performance levels
What do we hope to achieve?
What do we observe
(measurement of indicators)?
Are there differences/discrepancies?
What is the nature and extent of the differences?
What action needs to be taken?
To organize and guide the development of the performance standards and related measurement matrices, the following framework of indicators of program impact should be used:
- Structural indicators – adequate and appropriate settings and infrastructures, including staffing, facilities and equipment, financial resources, information systems, governance and administrative structures, etc.
- Process indicators – activities, procedures, methods, and intervention supporting practices
- Output indicators –results of the DD Network’s policies, procedures, and services
- Outcome indicators – intermediate results
To provide balance, impartiality, and expertise.
To provide advice on:
Individuals with expertise on:
- Stakeholders (consumers, advocates)
- DD Network program staff
- DD Council members
- ADD staff
- Evaluation experts
- P&A – individual advocacy, outreach/public
- DD Councils – systemic advocacy, development
of community capacity
- UCEDDs – training, community
service/technical assistance, research,
dissemination (from DD Act)
*Collaboration Working Group
Develop a cadre of individuals with knowledge, skills, attitudes and values to increase the capacity of states to provide services and supports in a culturally and linguistically competent manner for people with developmental disabilities and their families.