What kind? yellow ribbon, dirty sidewalk
How many?ten onions, fewvisits
How much?ample food, more energy
Which one? thisminute, nextsummer
Indefinite: Julia made a fabulous catch.
Definite: The ball nearly sailed over thefence.
9. Polly fixed the broken car.
10. How do my new glasses look?
11. Jay and Kay live in the biggest house on the block.
12. Huge trees grow along the street.
2. Mother baked cookies.
3. Do you see any birds?
4. Tammy went to the store to buy eggs.
5. Mrs. James drove her car to church.
6. Sara looked for her dog.
Write other words to use instead of these boring words!!
On your white board come up with an electrifying adjective that is a synonym to the boring one given! If you come up with a word nobody else has you win a prize!
Once you know these electrifying words, you cannot ever use the boring words again. If you use the electrifying words appropriately in your writing, you will earn extra points!!!!
1. I’m not going to keep these empty plastic bottles.2. Nancy was angry when Fred compared her cookies to old mud pies.3. Pretty yellow birds decorated the ancient walls.4. A simple explanation will prevent a terrible punishment.5. My best friend has an exciting new idea!
1. I’m not going to keep theseemptyplasticbottles.2. Nancy was angry when Fred compared her cookies to oldmudpies.3. Prettyyellowbirds decorated theancientwalls.4. Asimple explanation will prevent aterriblepunishment.5. My best friend has anexciting newidea!