If you find your default homepage and search engine are hijacked by an unknown application called Cassiopesa, and both your homepage and search engine are replaced by http://www.cassiopesa.com instead of original one. Every time you open a new tab, you are always redirected to some unknown even malicious websites. It is quite clear that your computer gets infected with Cassiopesa this questionable browser. If have suffered it before, you will know that how annoying it is. This post will show you the detailed removal steps to permanently eliminate this threat from your PC. Please keep reading.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
CASSIOPESA.COM is identified as a browser hijacker that can penetrate into web browsers secretly and block users’ access to other regular websites. This type of browser hijacker is often bundled with certain freeware installers and rogue programs.
Once inside, your browser like IE, Chrome and Firefox will be set to redirect you to CASSIOPESA.COM. This browser hijacker is very much like a web search engine, but it is of no use. The action of this browser hijacker is to collect your searching keywords and generate commercial ads based on your searching queries. That is why you usually see commercial ads when you do search online.
In order to cause panic, this website usually fabricates deceptive security alerts. For example, this website could say that Windows Firewall security is damaged. You can fix the problem via a customer helpline. Don’t trust in this pop-up message.
The so-called helpline could recommend paid service to you. Once unknown third parties remotely control your PC, they will possibly stealthily collect your information for malicious purposes. As you can see, CASSIOPESA.COM is a pernicious website that will cheat your money and make the PC vulnerable to attack. Please get rid of this adware program from computers without delay.
Enter control panel to look for any suspicious programs hat have installed on your PC
• Navigate to the Control Panel by typing “Control Panel” in the Start Menu and clicking it in the results.
• Click “Programs” on the new window, then “Uninstall Program.“
• Search For CASSIOPESA.COM and other suspicious programs – uninstall them.
Look for any suspicious extensions that you many not be aware of sitting installed in your Chrome browser
• Open Google Chrome, type “chrome://extensions/” and press Enter.
• Click on “Developer Mode” on the top right and look for CASSIOPESA.COM and anything that might be related to it. Copy their IDs (the string of letters) then remove them.
• Type Regedit in the Windows Start Menu and press Enter. Go in : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions and delete the entries corresponding to the suspicious IDs you recorded.
• Open Firefox, type “about:support” and press Enter.
• Click Refresh Firefox on the right and confirm.
• Open IE, click the Gear icon on the up right, then on Toolbars and Extensions and disable any suspicious extensions.
Use Ctrl + Shift + Esc to look for unknown processes.
Open your Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc at the same time, then go in the Processes tab. Search for anything suspicious, open it by right-clicking on it and choosing Open File Location, then delete that folder.