Pronouns. L. Nabulsi. PRONOUN. Personal pronouns – Police those antecedents First person – person speaking – I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, ours Second – person spoken to – You, your, yours Third – person spoken about – He, him, his, she, her, hers, it, its,they, them, their , theirs
Nominative - Subjective
1st I we
2nd you you
3rd She, he, it they
1st me us
2nd you you
3rd him, her, it them
1st my, mine our, ours
2nd your, yours your, yours
3rd his, hers, her, its their, theirs
PronounsCircle the word that best completes each sentence.
Circle the correct word to complete each sentence.
6. Kylie spoke in such a strident tone that I thought (she, her) would explode at any moment.
7. We know that when Pete tells his teacher he has not done his homework for nine days in a row, it will infuriate (she, her).
8. (She, Her) was my one and only steadfast friend all through grade school.
9. I need to learn to be more tactful so I don't always hurt (she, her) feelings.
10. We all like to go to our grandmother's house because (she, her) always finds time to pamper us.
Circle the word that best completes each sentence.
11. (Our, Ours, We) had a miscellaneous assortment of good food at our party.
12. During the program, (our, ours, we) listened to the children sing.
13. We have a surplus of antiques in (our, ours, we) attic.
14. The gas station attendant cleaned (our, ours, we) windows while we pumped gas.
15. (Our, Ours, We) is not the only lawn on the street that needs to be mowed.
This these (near)
That those (far)
Which, Whose Whom
Reflexive or Intensive
1st myself ourselves
2nd yourself yourselves
3rd himself, herself, themselves
That, which, Whose whom
Another, Anyone, Anybody, Anything, Everyone, Everybody,
Everything, Nothing, Each, Either No one, Neither, Nobody, One, Someone, Somebody, Something