What Causes People to Rebel Against Their Government?. What do you already know about the American Revolution?. Objective: To analyze the importance of the Albany Plan of Union and the causes and effects of the French and Indian War.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Objective: To analyze the importance of the Albany Plan of Union and the causes and effects of the French and Indian War.
Do Now: Which European countries were competing for land in North America?
- Great Britain
Albany Plan of Union
- make laws
- raise taxes
- defend the colonies
* The Albany Plan of Union set an example that would later be followed by such gatherings as the First and Second Continental Congress.
French and Indian War (1754 – 1763)
Causes:Britain began to compete with France over the fur trade in the Ohio Valley.
French and Indian War: Alliances
Alliance - a formal agreement by two or more nations to act together in a cause
• France, Spain (1762), Algonquins, and Hurons
• Great Britain and the Iroquois
French and Indian War: Effects
The Treaty of Paris
• Britain gained Canada and all of the French land east of the Mississippi River.
• Spain gained all of the French land west of the Mississippi River.
• Spain gave up Florida to Britain.