Project Scheduling. By: Ernawati Mustafa Kamal School of Housing, Building & Planning Universiti Sains Malaysia. Project Scheduling. A project is a collection of tasks that must be completed within certain time frame, with specific cost & quality. Project Scheduling Objectives.
By: Ernawati Mustafa Kamal
School of Housing, Building & Planning
Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Estimated completion time (and sometimes costs) are associated with each activity.
- Activity completion time is related to the amount of resources committed to it.
- The degree of activity details depends on the application and how specific is the data.
- Company A is a contractor & they need to construct a house.
- Internal Finishes
- Services and finishing
- External Works
Sub-Structure B Pile caps and ground beams
D Upper Floors
F Stairs and Ramps
Superstructure G External Walls
H Windows and External Doors
I Internal Walls and Partitions
J Internal Doors
Internal Finishes K Wall finishes
L Floor Finishes
M Ceiling Finishes
N Sanitary installation
Services & Finishing O Water installation
QRoad, Paths, Pavings & Surfacing
External Works R Landscaping and Irrigation Systems
T External drainage
U External services
From the activity description chart, we can determine immediate predecessors for each activity.
- calculating theoretical early and late start and finish dates for all projects activities without regard for any resource limitations.
- The resulting dates are not schedule, but it indicate the time period within which activity should be schedule.
- Milestone charts
- Gantt charts