1781-1789. ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION. When? . 1781 to 1789 Middle of the Revolutionary War (1775-1783) the first constitution of the United States was constructed. . Why?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION
The first move in a surprise attack against the Hessian forces at Trenton, New Jersey in the Battle of Trenton.
1. Weak central government; Unicameral (one house)
2. Each state only had one vote
3. 9 states needed to pass any law
4. All 13 colonies needed to agree to change Articles
5. No executive branch (no president)
6. Congress could not levy taxes
7. Congress could not raise an army
10. States could negotiate separate with
foreign nations and Indians
11. No national court system to settle disputes