1. Rich Media Market Trends. Provided for: Ad:Tech San Francisco ... Since the only statistical difference between the Exposed and Control is the ...
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. How Does AdIndex Work?The MarketNorms Data Platform The MarketNorms database is fueled by AdIndex studies 4+ years of data 1,200+ campaigns 14,000+ creatives 1,200,000+ respondents Across more than a dozen industries MarketNorms Data Elements For each study in the database, we have 5 types of data: Ad attributes Ad format/size, rich media use, nature and appearance of messaging, ad technology, etc. Brand/client attributes Industry, brand tenure, high versus low consideration, new product launch, B2B versus consumer, etc. Respondent attributes Age, gender, income, state, country, etc. Website attributes Multi-level categorization of website (portal, sports site, news site, etc.) Brand impact metrics Impact on ad awareness, brand awareness, message association, sponsorship association, brand favorability and purchase intent
5. Key Questions
We already know that: Overall, rich media units have a greater influence than gif/jpeg units Rich media units from top providers yield the highest ROI In what specific contexts do rich media outperform standard gif/jpeg units and why? What can we learn from what specific site categories are doing? What industries have successfully implemented rich media campaigns? What can we learn from them? Note: Multiple factors contribute towards a campaign’s success; the following summary include only univariate analyses
6. Overall Gif/Jpeg v. Rich Media
Overall, rich media ads have a greater impact on brand metrics than gif/jpeg ads Diff: 0.9 Diff: 2.6 Diff: 2.1 Diff: 0.7 Diff: 0.4 n=680 n=472 n=365 n=406 n=657 n=437 n=687 n=524 n=744 n=539 Overall Gif/Jpeg v. Rich Media Point increase after exposure n = number of campaigns
7. Effect of Rich Media by Site Category
8. Creative Technology Differences by Site Category Message Association
Message Association Diff: 1.9 Diff: 1.3 Diff: 1.3 Diff: 1.6 Diff: 6.6 n=56 n=44 n=188 n=187 n=86 n=43 n=253 n=205 Campaigns on women sites show the largest differences between rich media and gif/jpeg creatives in raising Message Association n=85 n=78 Point increase after exposure n = number of campaigns
9. Why is Rich Media on Women Sites So Effective?
10. Creative Technology Differences by Gender Message Association
Message Association (Across all sites and industries) Diff: 2.4 Diff: 2.4 n=491 n=318 n=565 n=335 Success of rich media on women sites is not due to gender differences in response to rich media Point increase after exposure n = number of campaigns
11. Creative Technology Differences by Site Category: Women Message Association
Women respond more positively to rich media ads on women sites than on other types of sites Message Association: Women Only Diff: 6.2 Diff: 2.1 n=84 n=42 n=386 n=285 Point increase after exposure n = number of campaignsWomen sites have a lot of CPG advertisers Better targeted ad placement Women Sites Non-Women Sites
12. Brand Industry by Site CategoryRich media units for CPG brands outperform rich media units for brands of other industries
13. Creative Technology Differences by Industry Message Association
Message Association Diff: 4.6 Diff: 1.9 n=186 n=92 n=437 n=305 Point increase after exposure n = number of campaignsRich media ads on women sites are more likely to use top providers (Eyeblaster, EyeWonder, PointRoll, Unicast) Women Sites Non-Women Sites
14. Top Rich Media Providers† by Site Category
† Analysis only includes respondents with isolated exposure to these creatives n = number of campaigns
Rich media works well, but how it is used is important Women sites have successfully implemented rich media Possible reasons include: The types of brands that advertise on those sites The rich media formats used Other reasons may also play a role Layout and placement of ads Behavior of site visitor: goal-oriented vs. exploratory Creative attributes: interactivity, audio/video, intrusiveness, etc. Reach of target audience Creativity of advertisement Need a more sophisticated analysis to investigate every factor