Public and Private Sector Models from Abroad. Colorado Springs – December 6-8, 2004. highest life expectancy: 81.2 longest health expectancy: low rates of heart disease, cancer, dementia, hip fractures
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Public and Private Sector Models from Abroad
Colorado Springs – December 6-8, 2004
highest life expectancy: 81.2
longest health expectancy: low rates of heart disease, cancer, dementia, hip fractures
Centenarian Study to uncover genetic and lifestyle factors (diet, exercise habits, and psychospiritual beliefs and practices)
Sobrepeso e Obesidade em Adolescentes na Cidade de São Paulo
Projeto MEGA – UNIFESP/USMarcos/ILSI-2004
Pridelong-term involvementcredibilityethics & morals
According to Antonovsky
Sense of coherence
3 key wordsCoherenceParticipationPurposeful
Stability in organisationStaffing, speed of change,time for recuperation
VariationPossibility to influence
ParticipationBeing a part (of the ”whole”)sense of coherence
Contentment (feeling good)Relations to boss, friends, family, have fun
Let´s fight ill-health by focusing on good health
(prevention law being discussed)
1. Don't be poor.
2. Pick your parents well.
3. Graduate from high school or, better yet, university.
4. Don't work at a stressful, low-paid job. Find a job where you have decision-making power and control.
5. Learn to control stress levels.
6. Be able to afford a foreign holiday and sunbathe (with SPF 30).
7. Don't be unemployed.
8. Leave in a community where you have a sense of belonging.
9. Don't live in a ghetto, near a major road or polluting factory.
10. Learn to make friends and keep them.