Phillips Curve. . . Inflation. Unemployment. . .. .. .. . . . . . . A. B. C. . . . . . . Real GDP. PriceLevel. SRAS. LRAS. FE. . . . . . . RDP2. RGDP*. RGDP1. . . AD. . PL*. . AD1. . PL1. . AD. . PL2. . . . . . . . . SRPC. The Short-Run Phillips Curve illustrates the Trade-off between Inflation a
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Phillips Curve Deriving the Phillips Curve from AD/AS
Derive the Short and Long Run Phillips Curves
What shifts the SRPC and the LRPC
Short AND Long Term Effects of INFLATION on the Phillips Curve
2. Phillips Curve
3. Phillips Curve
4. Phillips Curve
5. Phillips Curve
6. Phillips Curve
7. Phillips Curve
8. Phillips Curve
9. Phillips Curve
10. Phillips Curve
11. Phillips Curve
12. What SHIFTS the SRPC and the LRPC? The SRPC and LRPC are not static, they can shift left or right.
SRPC is MARRIED to the SRAS curve on our AD/AS Model of the Economy
WHATEVER shifts the SRAS curve causes the SRPC to shift as well.
However they shift in OPPOSITE directions!!!
13. Phillips Curve
14. Phillips Curve
15. Phillips Curve
16. Short Run Phillips Curve What do you think is going to happen to the SRPC in the event of a POSITIVE SUPPLY SHOCK???
SRAS curve shifts to the RIGHT and SRPC shifts to the LEFT!!!!
17. Phillips Curve IMPORTANT: Whenever causes the short run AS curve to shift INDEPENDENT of the LRAS curve is going to cause the Phillips Curve to shift as well.
SRAS shifts RIGHT (positive supply shock) then the SRPC is going to shift to the LEFT
SRAS shifts LEFT (negative supply shock) then the SRPC is going to shift to the RIGHT.
18. LONG RUN PHILLIPS CURVE What shifts the LONG RUN PHILLIPS CURVE?
Changes in government benefits to the unemployed/underemployed
Changes in the composition of the Labor force
Changes in Supply-Side policies
19. Phillips Curve
20. Phillips Curve
22. Why do some other major economies have persistently higher unemployment rates than the U.S.
Government policies are a major culprit
23. Phillips Curve and The short and long terms effects of inflaton. We will use as an example a sub-topic from the #1 FRQ from the 2009 AP Macroeconomics Test
38. The End