Unit 6 It’s raining!. How is the weather? It’s cloudy. How is the weather? It’s rainy./ It’s raining. How is the weather? It’s snowy./ snowing. How is the weather? It’s windy. How is the weather? It’s sunny. How is the weather? It’s hot. How is the weather? It’s humid.
It’s rainy./ It’s raining.
It’s snowy./ snowing.
Look at the clouds.
She is swimming.
Look at the rain.
It’s ______ today.
He is watching TV.
They are driving.
Look at the fog
It’s _____ today
It is snowing.
They are making
It’s windy and sandy.
closing the door.
closing the window.
How is the weather today?
What’s the weather like tomorrow?
It’ll be fine.
It’ll be very cold.
It’ll be very cool.
It’ll be very hot.
It’ll be very dry.
It’ll be very humid.
It’s rather cold now
It will be much warmertomorrow
quite cool now
a little rainier later on.
very hot today.
What’s the weather like tomorrow ?
I think it will be even colder
It is snowing heavily now.
It is blowing strongly.
It is raining heavily .
Good morning! Here’s the weather report for some big cities across the world.Beijing is cloudy.The high temperature will be 4.There’ll be beautiful sunshine in the daytime, but the low temperature tonight will be minus 5. Wear warm clothes at night when you go out . …That’s the weather for today. Thank you for listening.
There isa lot of sunshinein Beijing in autumn.
=Itis sunnyin autumn.
There isa lot of rainin Zhongshanin summer.
= It oftenrains heavilyin summer.
There isa lot of snowin Harbin in winter.
= It oftensnows heavily in winter.
There will be a strong wind tonight.
=It will blow strongly tonight.
1. The coldest month in China is ___.
A. March B. November
2. The hottest months in Australia
A.12,1,2 B.6,7,8 C.3,4,5
3.Turfan is famous for its grapes and watermelons which are very sweet and delicious because____.
A. it often rains there
B. it’s cloudy there
C. there is much sunshine and it’s
cold at night
4. very sweet and delicious because____. It often snows and it’s very cold in
North China in winter and people
there often ____.
A. go rafting B. go swimming
C. go skiing
5. It’s green everywhere in Zhongshan
all year round because____.
A. it’s cool and dry
B. it’s hot and dry
C. it’s warm and wet
6. very sweet and delicious because____. The weather here is changeable and
people have to wear warm clothes
in the morning and cool clothes at
noon. They eat watermelons with
a stove. This place refers to ____.
B. Inner Mongolia
7. very sweet and delicious because____. This weather here is warm all year round. It never gets too hot in summer or too cold in winter. It attracts quite a lot of tourists each year. The city which is calledspring citystands for______.
8. very sweet and delicious because____. Influenced by the sea, the climate
here is different from that of other
areas in the same latitude(纬度).
It’s warm and wet and it is often
foggy.The city which is known as
foggy city refers to_____.
A . London B. Paris C. Washington
9. very sweet and delicious because____. It is very hot in most parts of China in summer, especially in the cities below. The cities which are known as Three stovesto all stand for ________.
A.Wuhan, Chongqing and Nanjing
B. Beijing, Xi’an and Tianjin
C. Zhengzhou, Changsha, Guangzhou
A very sweet and delicious because____.
10.In _____, there was so much rain that a serious flood destroyed many houses and many people including some PLA men lost their lives during the disaster (灾难) .
A.1998 B. 2000 C.2002
C very sweet and delicious because____.
11._______ is the southernmost city in China, where it is warm all year round and now it is also an international seashore city for tourists from China and abroad. It is not Hawaii but it is called Eastern Hawaii , as the geographical positions, the climate and some other things between them are much alike. This city is _______.
A. Haikou B. Zhuhai C. Sanya
12. very sweet and delicious because____. The northernmost town in China is ________, which has the coldest weather in winter. The temperature is usually 20 or even 40 below zero.
A. Urumqi B. Harbin C. Mohe
13. In the polar region, the night and day
last about two months. We called the
night and day_________.
A. Polar night and Polar day
B. long night and long day
C. winter night and summer day
14. The Tropic of Cancer ( very sweet and delicious because____. 北回归线 ) is
the northernmost line from which the
sun will go back to the south.
The question is :
On which day does the sun come to
the Tropic of Cancer? _____
A. June 22
B. December 22
C. September 22
15. The most rainfall in China stays very sweet and delicious because____.
A. January B. July C. October
16.We are all familiar with Mr Box who
was from New Zealand and taught in
our school last year. The question is:
When it is summer in China, what
season is it in New Zealand?______
A. autumn B. winter C. spring
17.As we all know that sandstorm often very sweet and delicious because____.
attacks Beijing. What do you think
you can do to prevent it from attacking
A.to build a wall
B. to let the wind stop blowing
from Siberia ( 西伯利亚 ).
C. to plant more trees around
18. What is the most terrible weather very sweet and delicious because____.
to Zhongshan and some other coastal
places in China? ____
A. Typhoon B. Snow C. Heavy rain
19.The plane will have to stop flying
and stay at the airport when the
weather is ___ .
A. cloudy B. foggy C. rainy
B very sweet and delicious because____.
20.The Eskimos live near the North Pole.
They usually use ____ to carry things.
A. sledges B. trucks C. carts
21.When autumn comes, the days get
_____ and the nights get ______.
B. shorter, longer
C. short, longest