Presentation NARRATIVE TEXT AND NEWS ITEM. N arrative is kind of text that’s used to entertain and amuse the readers. It is a fiction text. Language Features: The use of action verbs The use of adverbs, adjective, and noun phrase The use of past forms The use of conjunctions
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Narrative is kind of text that’s used to entertain and amuse the readers. It is a fiction text.
Narrative text is a text which contains about story (fiction/non
fiction/tales/folktales/fables/myths/epic) and its plot consists of climax of the story (complication) then followed by the resolution.
A narrative text is a text amuse, entertain and deal with actual or vicarious experience in different ways. Narrative deal with problematic events which lead to a crisis or turning point of some kind, which in turn finds a resolution.
The narrative text short story is telling of a story or an account of a sequence of events. One of the four traditional forms of composition (along with description, exposition, and persuasion). Narration differs from exposition, which can also relate a sequence of events, in that narration need not be factual and may be written from the perspective of a character in the text.
Definition of Narrative Text
Flower On The Cliff Edge
Amelia’s house was a quiet place. It was a hilly village. The garden of her house was very beautiful. Flowers with various colors grew there. Amelia grew some roses. She’s a nature lover.One day Amelia closed her book. She felt tired after studying hard. She stood by the window. She could see the mountain from there. It was a beautiful bluish green.“How beautiful. How wonderful it would be if I could reach the top of that mountain without climbing.”“If you want to fly up there, follow me, “said a soft voices. Amelia was surprised.“Who are you? Why did you come in without permission?”“My name’s Yuli. My home is a bit far from here. I want to be your friend, Amelia,” said the girl.“You know my name,” said Amelia.“I often hear your mother calling you,” Yuli answered. She reached out her hand to Amelia. Amelia shock Yuli’s hand.“Why is your hand so could? Are you ill?”Asked Amelia, worried.“I haven’t been to school for few days,” said Yuli.“If you were sick, why aren’t you in bed now?” asked Amelia.“The fresh air will make me better, Amelia,” said Yuli. Yuli pulled Amelia’s hand. She wanted Amelia to follow her.
“Oh, no. I cannot go now. I must do my homework.”“Okay. How about tomorrow?” asked Yuli.“Yes, you are welcome to come back tomorrow. My mom will make some delicious cakes for me. You must taste some Yuli.” Said Amelia.“Thanks Amelia. You are so kind.” Yuli waved to Amelia and then she was gone.Amelia’s mother was puzzled to see her daughter talking alone.“Who were you talking to Amelia?” her mother asked her.“Oh, I was talking to Yuli, my new friend,” answered Amelia.“But I didn’t see anybody,” said Amelia’s puzzled mother.“This wasn’t my fantasy, mom. Yuli is my real friend. Her house is a bit far from here.She’ll come again tomorrow. I had promised to give her the cake you make,” told Amelia.“You are a little bit strangle,” thought Amelia’s mother, shaking her head again.The next day, the sun shone brightly. It was just seven in the morning when Amelia looked outside the window and saw Yuli behind the fence.“Oh, you are here. But why do you look sad?” asked Amelia. Yuli didn’t speak. There were tears in her eyes, falling down her cheeks …
1) Where did the story take place?a) In a quiet placeb) In a hilly villagec) In a gardend) In a house2) What did Amelia want to do someday?a) To play with her new friendb) To reach the top of the mountainc) To fly up the top of the mountaind) To introduce her friend to her mother3) “My mom will make some delicious cakes …” The underlined word has the same meaning as …a) bad smellb) bitter taste c) pleasant flavord) unpleasant smell
4) What is the purpose of the text above?a) To tell us how to write a story b) To describe the place in the storyc) To inform what happened in the pastd) To entertain the readers5) How many characters are there in the story above?a) oneb) twoc) Threed) four
Three Sheiks and Queen of Arabia
Maura, who liked to be thought of as the most beautiful and powerful queen of Arabia, had many suitors. One by one she discarded them, until her list was reduced to just three sheiks, all equally young and handsome, rich and strong. It was very hard to decide who would be the best of them.One evening, Maura disguised herself and went to the camp of the three sheiks, as they were about to have dinner, and asked them for something to eat.The first gave her some leftover food; the second gave her some unappetizing camel's tail; the third sheik, who was called Hakim, offered her some of the most tender and tasty meat. After dinner, the disguised queen left the sheiks' camp.The following day the queen invited the three sheiks to dinner at her palace. She ordered her servants to give each one exactly what they had given her the evening before.Hakim, who received a plate of delicious meat, refused to eat it if the other two could not share it with him, and this act finally convinced Queen Maura that he was the man for her."Without question, Hakim is the most generous of you," she announced her choice to the sheiks." So it is Hakim I will marry."
1. What does the story teach us ?A. If we want to give something to other people, we shall give the best.B. Do not be cowards.C. Be the cowards.D. As a beggar.E. Don’t be lazy.2. The three sheiks were not ........A. richB. youngC. strongD. gloomyE. handsome3. Which statement is TRUE about the queen ........A. The queen was the most powerful queen in Africa.B. The queen was very proud of her beauty and riches.C. The queen herself served the sheiks with delicious food.D. The queen was very careful in deciding whom she would mary.E. The queen was very satisfied with the food given by the sheiks.
4. The Queen ordered her servants to give the sheiks the same kind of food she got from the evening before because ........A. she wanted to entertain her guestsB. she wanted to test the sheiks's tasteC. she wanted to see the sheiks's reactionsD. she wanted to make a joke of the sheiksE. she wanted to repay the sheik's kindness5. The main idea of paragraph six is ........A. Hakim was an unselfish person.B. Hakim was served with succulent meat.C. Hakim was satisfied with the food served.D. Hakim wanted to share the food with the sheiks.E. Hakim had made the queen find the resolution of her problem.
News Item Text same kind of food she got from the evening before because ........
1.Definition of News Item:
News item is a text which informs readers about events of the day. The events are considered newsworthy or important.
2. Generic Structure of News Item:1. Newsworthy event: berita utama dari suatu peristiwa (inti kilas berita)2. Background event: latar belakang peristiwa secara rinci melibatkan bagaimana dan mengapa peristiwa itu terjadi 3. Source : Sumber yang memberikan informasi berkaitan dengan suatu peristiwa. Ini biasanya melibatkan verbal verbs seperti: said, informed, told, reported, etc
3. Language Feature of News Item1. Using Action Verbs2. Using Saying Verbs
3. Using Passive Sentence
I. Examples and structures of the text: same kind of food she got from the evening before because ........
Moscow – A Russian journalist has uncovered evidence of another Soviet nuclear catastrophe, which killed 10 sailors and contaminated an entire town.
Yelena Vazrshavskya is the first journalist to speak to people who witnessed the explosion of a nuclear submarine at the naval base of shkotovo – 22 near Vladivostock.The accident, which occurred 13 months before the Chernobyl disaster, spread radioactive fall-out over the base and nearby town, but was covered up by officials of the Soviet Union. Residents were told the explosion in the reactor of the Victor-class submarine during a refit had been a ‘thermal’ and not a nuclear explosion. And those involved in the clean up operation to remove more than 600 tones of contaminated material were sworn to secrecy.
Sources A board of investigators was later to describe it as the worst accident in the history of the Soviet Navy.
NEWS II same kind of food she got from the evening before because ........
VIVAnews - Members of the House of Representatives (DPR) who recommend for the rights to inquiry on Bank Century bailout case are likely keener in probing into the case. The Bank Century auditing report, which has been publicly in circulation since last week, showed that Rp 500 billion of fund were allegedly channeled to a politician.
"The last finding has added to the suspected names in the list from three to four," DPR member from Golkar Party faction Bambang Soesatyo told VIVAnews on Monday, Nov 23.
The three names listed earlier were those taking the final decision on the bailout process.
The report mentioned that no least than Rp 3.7 trillion out of the total Rp 6.7 trillion of bailout fund were left unreported by the individuals who formulated and issued policies on the bailout fund. Of the unaccounted fund, as much as Rp 500 billion were allegedly transferred to a politician.
Therefore, Bambang implicitly called on the government supporting parties to clarify on the issue with reasonable arguments in an attempt to avoid President's reputation from being tarnished.
It is evident that the Bank Century case is a key factor in determining whether or not the government will maintain stability. As a result, the government supporting parties should support the rights to inquiry in order to settle the case as soon as possible.
The public has been informed about the report on the bailout fund. It has caused DPR to exercise their rights to inquiry sooner," he said.(Source: Jakarta Post)
EXERCISES same kind of food she got from the evening before because ........
1. The news is about....
A. Money robbery at Bank Century
B. Report to House of Representative
C. Inquiry of transferred money case
D. Probe of Bank Century bailot case
E. Final decision on bailout process
2. How much money were allegedly received by the politician?
A. No least than 3,7 million
B. As much as 3.7 trillion
C. Out of total 6.7 trillion
D. More than 500 billion
E. As much as 500 billion
3. The following statements are true based on the text, except:
A. The public has known the report of the bailout fund
B. Uncounted fund were allegedly channeled to a politician
C. Government should ignore the rights to inquiry to settlethe case
D. Bambang implicitly called on the government to clarify on the issue
E. The three suspected were taking the final decision on thebailout process
4....is a key factor in same kind of food she got from the evening before because ........determining whether or not the government will maintain stability (Paragraph 6, line 1). The synonym of the underlined word is....
OK…. Let’s check this out!!..\video advertisement\YouTube - A Ride for Cinderella 1937 Chevrolet Automobile Film.flv.ob!
What about now???? Do you understand about this text????