Swain County High School Making Choices Today for Tomorrow. Career Planning. Isn’t it a little early for that?. Choices, choices, choices. Should I….. Take AP classes Take honors classes Complete NC Academic Scholars Program Take CTE classes Complete a CTE Concentration
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Isn’t it a little early for that?
· Student will be designated by the State Board of Education as a N.C. Academic Scholar
· Student will receive a seal of recognition attached to the diploma
· Student may receive special recognition at graduation exercises and other community events
· Student may use this special recognition in applying to post-secondary institutions
Have a cumulative four-year unweighted GPA of 3.5 and the following courses (24 Units):
· 4 units of English
· 4 math units (Algebra I, Algebra II, geometry, + a higher level math for which Algebra II is a prerequisite)
· 3 units of science (a physics or chemistry course, biology, and Earth/Environmental Science)
· 3 social studies (World History, U.S. History, and Civics/Econ)
· 2 units in the same foreign language
· 1 unit of Health and Physical Education
· 1 unit of Career and Technical Education
· 1 unit of Arts Education (music, art, drama)
· 5 elective units (must include at least two Second-level or advanced courses
Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
When you begin a journey, the most important thing to remember is to plan for the trip. Your destination may change along the way, but you must have an idea of all the ways you can arrive at exactly where you want to be!