The use of Enantiomeric Profiling to Determine Smuggling Patterns of Methamphetamine. William Kou Jonathan Mertz. Overview. Brief discussion of the techniques used and how they came to their conclusions - GC/MS Shortfalls of the techniques used
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Isotopic Ratio Mass Spectroscopy
synthetically made or
mechanisms to produce
In this article, the sample purity was found to drop after 1996. This was correlated with the regulations on ephedrine compounds and the need for manufacturers to find alternative, less pure precursors
33% by mass
Well... There is.
Isotopic Ratio Mass Spectroscopy (IR/MS)
- Potentially gives location of drug origin
- Shows whether the precursor was synthetic, semi-synthetic, or natural
- It has been tested and found to be successful in complimenting the data received from enantiomeric profiling
- Monitoring precursor chemicals of methamphetamine through enantiomer profiling