Riverside City College provides services and programs to help you succeed!!. STUDENT SERVICES:Admissions
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Your Pathway to Success! Student Support Services and Programs at
Riverside City College
2. Riverside City College provides services and programs to help you succeed!! STUDENT SERVICES:
Admissions & Records
Disabled Student Services
Extended Opportunity Programs & Services
Health & Wellness Center
Student Financial Services
Transfer & Career Center
Workforce Preparation STUDENT SUCCESS PROGRAMS:
Teacher Preparation Program
3. Admissions & Records Adding and dropping classes
Late start classes
Payments for registration and parking permits.
Permits previously recorded substandard course works, which is not reflective of a student's demonstrated ability, to be eliminated in calculation the RCC grade point average.
Extenuation Circumstances Petition (ECP)
Students who encounter situations involving extenuating circumstances or emergencies that may affect their educational records & fall outside the realm of normal college policy and procedures.
Credit may be granted to any student who satisfactorily passes an examination approved or conducted by the appropriate department chairperson.
4. Counseling Office Counseling orientation
Student Educational Plan (SEP)
A list of the classes you need to achieve your educational goals
Lays out the sequence of basic skills classes
Guidance classes (GUI 45, 46, 47, and 48)
Information on graduation requirements
5. Disabled Student Program & Services DSP&S Priority registration
Class note takers
Appropriate accommodations for test taking
Learning disability assessments
6. Extended Opportunity Programs & Services EOP&S Must be full-time student (12+ units)
Eligible for BOGW A or B
Have an educational disadvantage (determined by RCC assessment scores or other factors)
Academic, career, & personal counseling
Supplemental textbook service
7. Health & Wellness Center Emergency care
Immediate care for common health problems
Low cost X-rays
Medical testing available
8. Job Placement Job referrals/search for part-time and full time employment
Interviewing techniques & mock interviews
Internet search for jobs online
Job Placement services for life (after graduation and/or transferring)
9. Student Activities Clubs
Student government (ASRCC)
10. Student Financial Services Grants
Work study jobs
11. Counseling Department Transfer/Career Center Transfer Center:
Applications for CSU and UC systems
Career exploration and assessment
Resume/cover letter critique
12. Tutorial Services Free peer tutoring
Call ahead or walk-in for appointments
All course areas (except English, ESL, & Reading)
The Writing & Reading Center available for English, ESL, & Reading (Location- Martin Luther King Building)
Get an on-campus job, become a tutor!!
13. Veterans Assistance In order to request the Montgomery G.I. Bill, you must first:
Complete assessment testing,
Request all of your high school, college, and military transcripts be sent to RCC, and
Meet with a counselor to choose your program of study.
After choosing a program of study, report it to the Veterans Services Office and they will have your Student Education plan (SEP) prepared for you.
15. Community for Academic Progress CAP Program
16. Honors Program Small classes & academic preparation
Transfer agreements with 4-year universities
Participate in Building Bridges Student Research Conference
17. Puente Program Academic and community leadership program (Emphasizing Chicano/Latino issues, but open to all students)
Transfer to 4-year colleges
Obtain their bachelor’s degree
Become community leaders and mentors
Two semesters of English composition classes. (Beginning at English-50 in the Fall)
18. Teacher Preparation Program CBEST preparation
CBEST information packets
AmeriCorps (Scholarship programs)
Field trips & workshops
Development of leadership skills
Children’s Literature club
Latino Educators of Tomorrow (LET)
19. Ujima Project An academic achievement program focused on curriculum, culture, and civic engagement.
Services provided include:
African American history & culture discussions
Mentoring & counseling
Rights of Initiation & Harambee
African American graduation ceremony
20. Your Pathway To Success….What is Next? Visit the counseling department to schedule your appointment to develop a student educational plan (SEP)! This will provide you with all the classes needed to reach your educational goal at RCC!!
REMEMBER….IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN…
YOU ARE PLANNING TO FAIL!