David Fears. Native American Project. The First American. * The first people in the U.S were the Indians * The Indians first arrived in a boat crossing the Pacific Ocean. European Exploration. * The Europeans came to North America so they can find a new land.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
* The first people in the U.S were the Indians
* The Indians first arrived in a boat crossing the Pacific Ocean.
* The Europeans came to North America so they can find a new land.
* They also came to have better trade with the Indians.
* When the Europeans got to North America conflict started with the Europeans and other tribes..
* There were not really any major colonies there were a verity of colonies.
* The countries that fought in the French and Indian war was the French and the British.
* This war was caused by the long struggle between France and Britain with power.
*The French and Indian war was from 1754 – 1763
* The British won the French and Indian war.
*The king of England wanted more tax.
*The colonist decided that they wanted a government that will listen to them.
*Also for the Stamp Act.
The people that gained independence for the United States were Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin.
* One advantage that the British had over the colonist was that they had the power for 100’s of year.
* One advantage that the colonist had over the British was that they were not locked into the archaic form.
* The French and Indian war began 1754 and ended in 1763.
* An major battle that toke place at the war was called the “Battle of Fort Necessity”.
* They had to get rid of the Articles of Confederation it created a weak government.
* The document that created our current government was called the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union.
* The 3 branches of government is the Legislative, Executive, and the Judicial.
* Jefferson doubled the countries by the Louisiana Purchase.
* We got this land from the Native Americans.
* Jefferson sent Lewis and Clark to discover the new land.
* The lands that the United States acquired was Louisiana, Nebraska, Minnesota, North Dakota, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Iowa, Kansas, Texas and Montana..
* The Southern States wanted to split from the United States because they wanted independence.
* Also because of slavery, they thought it was horrible and cruel.
* The newly free black population was 27,467.
* The black population was free and treated right.
* When the black population wasn’t free, they were beat with wipes and they were slaves.
* World War I started because Austria declared war with Serbia.
* President Wilson didn’t want the U.S to be in the War.
* The U.S entered World War 1 because Germany sunk the Lusitania.
* The Great Depression started because the stock market crashed.
* The unemployment rate of the 1920’s was 5.2 to 8.7 percent.
* Part of the reason why the united states got involved in world war II was because they were going against Germany, Japan and Italy.
* There were 24 countries in world war Iike Japan, the United States, United Kingdom, China, Canada and more.
* The invention that made the war end quickly was the Atomic Bomb.
*One reason was because they didn’t have enough people to fight.
*Also another reason was because they didn’t have enough weapons.
* On September 11th, 2001 plains crash into the twin tours.
* The group that were responsible for this attack was Al- Qaeda.
* The brutal dictator the United States removed from leader was Saddam Hussien.
* The bruetal actions he did when he was removed was that he killed thousands of his people.
* Barack Obama is the 44th president. He is also the first African- American president.
* He became president in 2008.
* His goals are to end the “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy in the U.S Army. Also more equitable tax policy.