The Khajuraho Temples and group of monuments are famous for Sculptures which has a great history.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. Introduction Khajuraho is a small town located in the bundelkhand region Chhatarpur District of Madhya Pradesh and is well-known for groups of Hindu and Jain temples.
3. History The temples of Khajuraho were built between 950 to 1050 A.D. during the Chandela dynasty of Central. After the refuse of the Chandela dynasty in 13th century, the temples were left under the cover of dense date palm trees for many years, which gave the city of Khajuraho its name, Khajur in Hindi means a date. In the ancient times it was known asáVatsa.
In 1838, a British army engineer, Captain T.S. Burt rediscovered them. By that time only 22 of the original 85 temples had survived.
4. Khajuraho temples The temples are grouped into three physical
5. Western group of Temples Lakhmana Templeá
Kandariya Mahadeo Templeá
Devi Jagdamba Temple
6. Eastern Group of Temples Parsvanath Temple
7. Southern Group of Temples Dulhadev Temple
Chattarbhuj Temple Or The Jatkari Templeá
8. Western Group of Temples There is a entry fee of Rs. 10/- (for Indians) and USD $ 5 (for foreigners) to go in the Western Group of temples All the temples are open from sunrise to sunset. These are the richest and largest of all temple groups
9. Western Group of Temples Lakhmana Templeá:
The oldest and finest of the western group of temples, named after the ruler that built the temple. The A horizontal beam over the entrance of this stunning Vaishnavite temple shows the trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva with Lakshmi, Vishnus consort.
Kandariya Mahadeo Temple:
This temple is ornamented with a abundance of sculptures that are among the greatest masterpieces of Indian art.
10. Lakhmana Temple