APEC EWG 40 BRUNEI DARUSSALAM Short-Term Energy Security Initiative Measures. km. Brunei Darussalam In Brief. Total Land Area: 5769 square kilometers Population: Around 390,000. Population growth averages at 2.2% Main Domestic Transportation: Land vehicles/Boats
Short-Term Energy Security
B. Gas-fuelled Power Generations
1. Continue to develop energy related infrastructure to ensure the efficiency and reliability.
2. New generating facilities are designed with higher thermal.
1. National Oil Stockpiling
2. Reduction of National Energy Intensity
3. Expanding exploration and developing new oil and gas fields
4. Maximize economic utilization of existing facilities such as expanding & upgrading existing Refinery or building a new large scale Refinery
5. Leveraging energy technologies
6. Ensuring a secured and reliable power supply to meet the growing demand (locally and non-locally source (power imports))
7. Continuous efforts in improving in energy efficiency in power generations
8. Developing new and renewable sources of energy.
9. Fostering regional/international energy cooperation