Student Accommodation Centre Private Housing Talk 7 March 2011. WHAT SERVICES DOES THE STUDENT ACCOMMODATION CENTRE PROVIDE?. Help. Details. Access. Information. Advice. WHAT FACTORS SHOULD I CONSIDER?. How much is it going to cost?. Where am I going to live next year?.
Private Housing Talk
7 March 2011
How much is it going to cost?
Where am I going to live next year?
How far do I want to travel?
Who do I want to live with ?
A room providing a combined living and
sleeping area with access to shared
bathroom/shower and WC facilities.
Cost : £85 - £160 per week
A property that consists of one main room, plus
usually a separate bathroom, sometimes a
Cost £185 - £300 per week
One Bedroom Flat
Cost - £240 - £350 per week
What time of day should you visit the property?
How are you going to get there?
What is the area like?
How do you keep yourself safe?
Condition of the property
Furniture is fire retardant
Fire safety features , e.g. smoke detectors, fire alarms and fire extinguishers
Electrical fittings correctly installed, e.g. no loose wires or faulty plugs
All gas appliances have a Gas Safety Certificate issued by a Registered Engineer.
4. Don’t cause a noise nuisance to your neighbours
6. Hand the property back in the same condition as when you moved in
1. To give you an inventory of the property’s fixtures and fittings
2. To let you live in the property free from harassment
3. To comply with Section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
4. To insure his/her fixtures and fittings within the property
5. To protect your deposit under Tenancy Deposit Protection
Check out our website for more information
Don’t forget to complete the
questionnaire after the talk - you
could win an IPAD!