CAREERS EDUCATION & PLACEMENT CENTRE. Speech & Hearing Sciences Date : 24 November, 2000 (Fri) Time : 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Venue : Lecture Theatre 2, G/F, Prince Philip Dental Hospital. Careers Education and Placement Centre. Mr K H Leung Deputy Director E-mail: [email protected]
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Speech & Hearing SciencesDate : 24 November, 2000 (Fri)Time : 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.Venue :Lecture Theatre 2, G/F, Prince Philip Dental Hospital
Employment Situation(Speech & Hearing Sciences)
1996 1997 1998 1999
Unemployed0% 0% 0% 0%
Full-time employed91.7% 100% 100% 96%
Further Studies8.3% 0% 0% 3.6%
How much did the 1999 HKU Speech & Hearing Sciences graduates earn?
Where to find the above information ?
• Career Development Track
How to locate information on job content skills, required by specific occupations?
- South China Morning Post http://www.classifiedpost.com.hk
- Hong Kong iMail http://www.jobmarket-online.com/
- Job Asia (needs registration) http://www.jobasia.com/
- Career Times http://www.careertimes.com.hk
NETmatch (application form available now!)
Vacancy notices / newspaper cuttings
Creative job search and networking
Major Agencies & Associations Recruiting Speech Therapists specific occupations?
Are these occupations suitable for you? specific occupations?
• a computer-assisted careers guidance system designed to help you with your career planning
• you can expect the results of the following:
- What you are good at
- What interests and motivates you
- How these relate to the world of work
- What different jobs involve
- Your chance of getting into these jobs, and
- How to make effective job applications
Use CDT and Prospects Planner specific occupations?
How to succeed in getting the job? specific occupations?
Ways to develop your skills in the above areas?
How to get in touch with the CEPC specific occupations?
ANSWERS specific occupations?