Unit 1 Perception and Reality Fiction and Non-Fiction. “The Cask of Amontillado” VOCABULARY. 1. Unredressed : not corrected or compensated for. 2. Palazzo: an impressive public building or private residence; palace.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Unit 1 Perception and RealityFiction and Non-Fiction
1. Unredressed: not corrected or compensated for.
2. Palazzo: an impressive public building or private residence; palace.
3. Crypt: An underground vault or chamber, especially one beneath a church that is used as a burial place.
4. Niche: a shallow recess, especially one in a wall to display a statue or other ornament.
5. Fettered: restrain with chains or manacles, typically around the ankles.
6. Precluded: prevented.
7. Retribution: payback; punishment for a misdeed.
8. Amontillado: a pale, dry sherry.
9. Impunity: freedom from consequences.
10. Immolation: destruction.
11. Connoisseurship: expert judgment.
12. Explicit: clearly stated.