CTAE Orientation. Essential Question: How will work ethics contribute to my success in CTAE courses?. Work Ethics. Clothing Relay. Need: Groups of 4 from each CTAE area
Essential Question: How will work ethics contribute to my success in CTAE courses?
1. Shorts, pants, and skirts should be worn at the waistline. The length of all shorts, skirts, and dresses should fall below the fingertip when standing erect. Pants with holes or slits above the knees are prohibited from school.
4. No clothing which displays profanity, suggestive phrases, alcohol, tobacco or drug advertisements shall be worn.
Georgia Department of Labor
Examples of what not to wear on the job
Examples of what to wear on the job
Appearance and Communication
Ways to communicate positively.
3 Tardies = immediate ISS
Excessive Tardies (more than 3) = Referral to Discipline Officer
No more than 8 absences per block.
More than 8 absences = Loss of Credit for the Course
Employers tell us that reading, writing, and math are some crucial to an employee’s success. In your CTAE course you will read, write, and compute numbers.
The CTAE Work Ethics Evaluation
Which group’s checklist will most likely earn them an “A”? Why? Write a paragraph detailing your reasons.
Name 5 tips you learned in the video about doing the right thing on the job.
The video referred to “just this once” thinking in a relation to unethical behavior. Describe what this means and give one example.
Directions: Divide the group into teams of 4 or 5. Select a “leader” to facilitate and keep the discussion moving along. Ask teams to discuss ways to handle each dilemma.
Discuss: Which are NEVER acceptable? Is it EVER right? When is it wrong and why?
1. Receiving too much money in your paycheck.
2. Seeing a co-worker take money from the cash register.
4. Giving your employee discount to a friend.
5. Taking supplies from the company where you work.
6. Using company e-mail.
What have you learned about filling out a job application that you did not already know?
Describe ethical behavior expected in the workplace.
Write four things you feel are important concepts learned today
Write one thing you loved learning about today.
Write one, all encompassing statement that summarizes all of the information presented today.
Write the three most important facts you learned today.