Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. An Introduction to COBRA
2. Introduction What is COBRA?
Who is eligible?
How does it work?
What does it cost?
What are the alternatives?
What do I need to do?
3. What Is COBRA? Legal requirement to offer continued health benefits upon separation from the company
4. Who Is Eligible? Any family member covered on the last day of employment
Anyone who becomes a new dependent after that date (marriage, birth, etc.)
Family members added at open enrollment
5. How Does It Work? TRI-AD is SDSURF’s COBRA Administrator
TRI-AD handles the entire process
All COBRA questions go to TRI-AD
Claims and coverage questions go to the appropriate insurance company:
6. The COBRA Flow
7. An Example of Timing
8. Basic Concepts
9. What Are The Costs? Participants Pay 102% of the total cost of the benefit
10. Alternative 1: Elect COBRA Pros:
Peace of Mind
Continuity of care
11. Alternative 2: Explore Other Options Use the 60-day period wisely
Coverage through a spouse?
An individual policy?
A mix of COBRA and individual?
Keeps your COBRA option open
Allows you to find the best fit for your needs
Deciding what to do if you get sick
12. Next Steps Look for all mail from TRI-AD – don’t throw it away!
Contact your insurance broker and/or spouse’s employer
If you elect COBRA, pay attention to due dates and timing – and pay on time each month.
13. Contacting TRI-AD TRI-AD’s COBRA Dept is your representative
(888) 844-1372, [email protected]
Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM PST
The TRI-AD call center can help
Same number, hours and email address
Main web site: www.tri-ad.com
221 West Crest St, Suite 300 Escondido, CA 92025, Attn: COBRA Unit
14. Questions? Contact SDSURF’s Human Resources at: [email protected] Looking for More Information? Visit SDSURF’s Human Resources website at: - Benefits COBRA Info - Cobra Rates