ESPON 1.4.1. The Role of Small and Medium Sized Towns. TRANSNATIONAL PROJECT GROUP. Österreichisches Institut für Raumplanung (ÖIR), Vienna Nordregio , Nordic Centre for Spatial Development, Stockholm NOMISMA S.p.A., Bologna
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The Role of Small and Medium Sized Towns
(1) Provision of a definition of SMESTO – on European level
(2) Analysis of roles of SMESTO within spatial development
(3) Proposal of typologies for towns (SMESTO) and regions
(4) Analysis of specific potentials and challenges
(5) Outline of a framework for detailed research on SMESTO (preparatory study)
WP 5Further Research Needs,
Policy OptionsPROJECT STRUCTURE & METHODS
Case Study Handbook
Threat: classifications might turn out either too complex or oversimplifying
Talking about functions and roles – pictures pop-up immediately from romantic little rural towns to dying single factory towns in remote areas.