Performance Appraisal Uses. Raises, Merit Pay, Bonuses Personnel Decisions (e.g., promotion, transfer, dismissal) Identification of Training Needs Research Purposes (e.g., assessing the worth of selection tests). Basic Performance Appraisal Process.
Related searches for subjective appraisal methods
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Conduct a Job Analysis (e.g., specify tasks and KSAs)
Develop Performance Standards (e.g., define what is superior, acceptable, and poor job performance)
Develop or Choose a Performance Appraisal System
All lead to a restriction in the range of performance scores
Observation of specific behavior (s) (e.g., volunteers to work overtime)
High ratings on other performance dimensions
Behavioral Methods (use of critical incidents; examples of good and poor job behavior collected by job experts over time)
9) Communicate specific performance standards to employees.
10) Provide raters with written instructions on how to complete performance evaluations.
11) Evaluate employees on specific work dimensions, rather than on a single overall or global measure.
12) Require documentation in terms of specific behaviors (e.g., critical incidents) for extreme ratings.
13) Base the content of the appraisal form on a job analysis.
14) Provide employees with an opportunity to review their appraisals.
15) Educate personnel decision-makers regarding laws on discrimination.
importance of using employee self-evaluations
importance of rater training