Hospice Services. Physician NursingMedical Social ServicesCounseling . Physical TherapyOccupational TherapySpeech Language Pathology. Hospice AideHomemakerVolunteer. Inpatient CareMedical Supplies, Drugs, BiologicalsDME. Professional Management Written agreement. Services areAuthorized by the hospiceFurnished safely and effectively by qualified personnelFollow the patient's Plan of careHospice retains administrative and financial management, and oversight of staff and services .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Hospice Administrator Hospice employee
Has required education and experience
Responsible for hospice daily operations
Reports to the governing body
3. Professional ManagementWritten agreement Services are
Authorized by the hospice
Furnished safely and effectively by qualified personnel
Follow the patient's Plan of care
Hospice retains administrative and financial management, and oversight of staff and services
4. Multiple Locations Be Medicare approved before providing services to Medicare patients.
Be part of the hospice.
Share administration, supervision, and services with the hospice.
Have clearly delineated lines of authority, professional, administrative control.
Be continually monitored and managed by the hospice.
5. Medical Director Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
Employed directly or under contract
Hospice may contract with individual or group
6. Medical Director Responsibilities Medical Component of Hospiceís Patient Care Program
Review Patientís Clinical Information
Certify And Recertify Terminal Illness
7. Clinical Record Content
8. Clinical Record Content (Conít)
9. Pop Quiz What happens when the patient is transferred to another Mícare/Mícaid facility:
A. The hospice must always send a copy of the patientís discharge summary with the patient.
B. The hospice must always send a copy of the patientís clinical record with the patient.
10. Durable Medical Equipment Follow manufacturer recommendations for maintenance
Develop Policies if no recommendation
Instruct pt/family on proper use
Contract with supplier meeting Medicare MEMPOS standards
11. Inpatient Care Limitation Total Medicare inpatient days canít exceed 20% of total Medicare hospice days.
12. Restraints or Seclusion All patients have the right to be free from restraint or seclusion imposed as a means of coercion, discipline, convenience, or retaliation.
Only used to ensure safety of patient, staff, or others when less restrictive interventions not effective
no standing orders or PRN
13. Restraints or Seclusion least restrictive possible
Safety is paramount
Monitored by trained staff.
Documentation of training available in personnel records
14. Hospice/Facility written agreement Communication and documentation strategy
Facility notifies hospice of specific patient conditions
Hospice determines appropriate hospice care
Facility responsibility for 24 hour r/b & personal care
Hospice provides drugs & DME r/t terminal illness
15. Hospice/Facility written agreement (Conít)
16. CMS Hospice Center
17. Hospice Social Worker MSW from accredited school +1 year experience
BSW, or bachelor in psychology, sociology, or other related field & 1 year experience & supervised by MSW
BSW AND employed by hospice before 12/2/2008.