Wave Properties and Sound Review. True or False. 1. A wave transports energy but not matter. True or False. 2. As the frequency of sound waves increases, the wavelength of the sound waves decreases. True or False. 3. Sound waves cannot travel through solids. True or False.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Wave Properties and Sound Review
1. A wave transports energy but not matter.
2. As the frequency of sound waves increases, the wavelength of the sound waves decreases.
3. Sound waves cannot travel through solids
4. According to the Doppler effect, light from a star moving away from Earth will have a higher frequency than light from a star moving toward Earth.
5. When two waves are in the same place at the same time, they combine to produce a single wave.
6. Anything that moves up and down or back and forth in a rhythmic way is vibrating.
7. Sound waves
8. The medium seismic waves travel through is
9. Sound waves are and example of
10. Light waves are an example of
11. A person is standing still and listening to a siren sounding an alarm. The person begins running toward the sound. The frequency of the sound the person hears will
12. The frequency of a sound wave determines
13. How loud a sound is depends on
14. The intensity of a sound describes
15. The pitch of a sound is most closely related to the
16. A change in pitch or wave frequency due to movement is known as _____________.
17. A sound wave consists of _______________.
18. Mechanical waves are different than electromagnetic waves due to the fact that
19. Which demonstration was used to illustrate the relationship between wavelength and pitch?
20. Which demonstration was used to illustrate the effect of vibrations on a medium?
21. The vacuum pump and alarm clock were used to illustrate the effect of _____ on sound waves.
21. A wave that causes the particles of the medium to vibrate perpendicularly to the direction the wave travels.
22. A wave that requires a medium through which to travel.
23. A wave that causes the particles of the medium to vibrate parallel to the direction the wave travels.
24. A wave caused by a disturbance in electric and magnetic fields that does not require a medium.
25. Two or more waves in the same place at the same time.
26. A disturbance that transmits energy through matter or space.
27. The time required for a full wavelength to pass a certain point.
28. The number of vibrations that occur in a certain time frame.
29. The matter through which a wave travels.