Thurs 9/12/13 Fri 9/13/13. Thurs 9/12/13 Fri 9/13/13. Unit 1 Test Day. “Hunting the Elements” Video. Warm-Up What is the difference between a heterogeneous mixture and a homogeneous mixture? List an example of an element compound mixture 3. Why are valence electrons important?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Unit 1 Test Day
“Hunting the Elements” Video
What is the difference between a heterogeneous mixture and a homogeneous mixture?
List an example of an
3. Why are valence electrons important?
Atomic and Periodic Table Basics
Atomic Basics Notes
Open a yellow textbook to pages 20-21D
Draw the green diagram at the bottom of page 21D.
Include all labels and definitions.
Atomic Basics Wkst
Periodic Basics Notes
Use the periodic table to draw a bohr model and a Lewisdot structure of Aluminum. The symbol for Aluminum is Al.
2. Complete the following information for Aluminum.
# of protons
# of neutrons
# of electrons
# of valence electrons
Make page 18 a doodle page with a date, title, and page number.
Periodic Table Stations
1. What are the columns on the periodic
2. What are the rows called?
3. How are the elements arranged from left to right on the periodic table?
4. How are the elements arranged as you go down each column?
Unit 2 Review Warm-Up
Unit 2 Review Wkst
Why are Noble Gases non-reactive? (don’t want to bond with other elements)
Which family of elements are all radioactive and combust in air?
What properties of metals make them good to cook with and use for electrical wires?
How do you calculate the number of neutrons an element’s atoms have?
Glue your Unit 2 Review WkstHere.
Physical and Chemical Properties
Physical and Chemical
Properties and Changes Notes
Warm-Up: Read the yellow article Lesson 67 “Properties of Matter” and complete the “Show What You Know” at the bottom of the article.
Unit 2 Test Most Missed Questions
Physical and Chemical Properties Lab
1. Pick up a copy of the Unit 2 Test from the front bench.
2. Answer the following questions from the Unit 2 test. (You do not need to copy the question down. Just the answer.)
Physical and Chemical Changes Warm-Up
Chemical Reactions & Equations
1. What is a chemical reaction?
2. What are the signs that a chemical reaction has occurred?
3. What is the Law of Conservation of Mass?
How do scientists represent chemical reactions?
How are chemical equations written to show that mass is conserved?
Pick up your warm-up worksheet from the front bench.
“ Two Way to Change”
2.Glue or tape to page 29.
3. Complete the worksheet.