Vietnam . Burgeoning Market Opportunities In Vietnam By Tina Phan Hochiminh City Branch Office Hong Kong Trade Development Council. ECONOMIC OUTLOOK. (The first 9 months of 2006) · GDP Growth rate 7.84% · Exports USD 29.4 billion 24.2%
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Burgeoning Market Opportunities In Vietnam
By Tina Phan
Hochiminh City Branch Office
Hong Kong Trade Development Council
(The first 9 months of 2006)
· GDP Growth rate 7.84%
· Exports USD 29.4 billion 24.2%
· Imports USD 32.7 billion 19.3%
· Trade deficit US$ 3.357 billion 11.5%
· Consumer Price Index 5.1 %
· FDI (overall) US$ 5.15 bil 25.9%
- 580 new projects with US$ 3.85 bil capital, the rest has gone into existing projects.
- From Hong Kong: US$ 636 million with 14 projects
4. Insufficient supply
Not only growing from a low base, but also increasing demand as a result of:
=> Additional spending is not only spending on self, but on the future of their children
Expansion and development of shops with domestic
and international brand-name products for sale.
Demand is increasing and higher than supply.
With lots of potentials, retail market is in the way to development.
3 GSM service provider
3 CDMA Service Providers
8 million subscribers
- 95% use GSM mobile phones
- 5% use CDMA mobile phones
Service Fee gradually becomes lower, due to fierce competitions among service providers