Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Presented by Brenda Larter
Office of Higher Education
June 9, 2010
- The state definition was changed so it matches the definition used for federal financial aid programs which requires a 2.0 GPA or academic standing consistent with graduation requirements. (Same criteria used for other state financial aid programs)
- Students under DWP are eligible for child care assistance through the DWP, so those benefits would be subtracted from actual child care costs used in the Postsecondary Child Care Grant award calculation
- The DWP is a program families are referred to for four months prior to going on MFIP.
*Maximum award will remain at $2,600.
$200 – $50 = $150 X 16 weeks = $2,400 semester
$75 – $50 = $25 X 16 weeks = $400 semester
$2,580 + 10% = $2,838/2 = $1,419 X 11/15 = $1,041 semester
$2,580/2 = $1,290 X 11/15 = $946 semester
Lesser of $2,400 actual costs vs $1,041 maximum award = $1,041
Lesser of $400 actual costs vs $946 maximum award = $400
+ Current year initial allocation
+ Current year reallocated funds
+ Funds carried forward or back from another fiscal year
– Funds carried forward/back to another fiscal year
– Current year funds returned to the OHE before March 1
=Total Funds Available
- The web address is: http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/surveys/awards/awards.cfm