Motherboard. Computer Peripherals First Semester Second year Faculty of computers and information. Peripheral devices. Main devices VGA card, CPU, Power supply, RAM, … Secondary devices Mouse, Speakers, CD drive, …. Motherboard.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Faculty of computers and information
Mouse, Speakers, CD drive, …
- Cards connections
- Hard disk connections
PS/2 Mouse& Ps/2 Keyboard Connector
LPT 1 Printer Port
AGP Expansion Slot
ATX Power Connector
PCI Expansion Slots
CPU Socket 370
DIMM Memory Sockets
Floppy Drive Controller
2. RAM banks (Ram slots)
3. Processor socket
4. IDE Controllers ( ATA or PATA cable)
5. BIOS (Basic Input/Output System)
- considered a ROM
- perform POST (Power On Self Test).
- responsible for operating the computer until loading OS.
- responsible for recognizing any new hardware.
- responsible for the basic input and output operations.
- PHOENIX , AWARD
- A small memory with a battery.
- responsible for saving some important information such as date, time and password.
7. PCI slots and AGP slot
- AGP :Accelerated Graphics Port
- PCI :Peripheral Component Interconnect
- for connecting various cards
( sound, fax and VGA cards ).
- Sound and VGA cards may be built-in
- sound card : no problem
- VGA card : needs its own memory, it will be from main memory
8. ATX Power Connector
A set of chips that provides the interfaces between all of the PC\'s subsystems. It provides the buses and electronics to allow the CPU, memory and input/output devices to interact.
10. PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard Connector
11. parallel port
( LPT 1 Printer Port )
12. Serial Ports
( Com1 and Com2 Ports )
13. USB Ports
( Universal Serial Bus )
- USB 1.0 , USB 1.1
- USB 2.0
14. North Bridge and South Bridge
Thanks for your attention