Why should we expect worlds to collide? - Exploratory reflections departing from a case study analysis of “ Jornal de Notícias ” (Portugal). Luís António Santos and Manuel Pinto (Universidade do Minho – Portugal). JN in brief.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Luís António Santos and Manuel Pinto(Universidade do Minho – Portugal)
1. The collapse of rigid business models
2. Breakdown of producer/user trust/loyalty
3. Failings of a self-centred and entrenched professional (the journo)
Changes in the site
Integration of new user geared funcionalities
creation of semi-autonomous micro-sites
e-Business:promotion of cross-product added value
capture income from non-hard news related sites
2. Living in times where – as Singer puts it – “no single message is discrete” is not easy.
Rethinking loyalty: UGC spaces, promotion of event or theme-centred micro-sites, production of sense-making materials (infographics/multimedia), increased direct talk (e-mail, twitter), usage of ‘conversation expansion’ tools (i.e. CoveritLive)
3. …still unconfortable at times with the demise of the ‘authenticator’ role, with pressures for greater transparency, with sheer volume of user activity, but…more used to:- producing medium-neutral information
- providing added accountability assurances