Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Protesters burn tires as they clash with riot police during an anti-government protest in downtown Kiev, Ukraine, Jan. 22. (ROMAN PILIPEY/EPA) Riots in Ukraine
2. Riot police officers gather as they clash with protestors in the center of Kiev on Jan. 22. Ukrainian police stormed protesters' barricades in Kiev as violent clashes erupted.
3. Ukrainian riot policemen detain a bleeding protester following clashes between security forces and pro-EU demonstrators in central Kiev on Jan. 22.
4. A protester throws a Molotov cocktail during an anti-government protest in downtown Kiev, Ukraine, Jan 22. According to media reports, two men were shot dead as anti-government protests escalated in Ukraine, causing central Kiev to resemble a war zone with protesters and riot police battling on and off while smoke from burning tyres and firebombs blackened the sky.
5. Police prepare to clash with protesters in central Kiev, Ukraine, Jan. 22. The mass protests in the capital of Kiev erupted after Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych spurned a pact with the European Union in favor of close ties with Russia, which offered him a $15 billion bailout.
6. A pro-European integration protester takes cover behind a makeshift shield at the site of clashes with riot police in Kiev Jan. 23.
7. Protesters stand on a barricade during an anti-government protest in downtown Kiev, Ukraine, Jan 24.
8. A pro-European integration protester throws stones towards riot police as others take cover in Kiev Jan. 23.
9. A woman cries as she and others appeal to Ukrainian police troops at the site of clashes with anti-government protesters in Kiev Jan. 24.
10. Pro-European integration protesters take cover from water sprayed from a fire engine at the site of clashes with riot police in Kiev Jan. 23.
11. A view of anti-government protesters camping at the Independence Square in central Kiev Jan. 24.
12. An anti-government protester stands next to a mannequin on a barricade at the site of clashes with riot police in Kiev Jan. 24.
13. Police troops stand in front of a barricade at the site of clashes with anti-government protesters in Kiev Jan. 24.
14. A protester wearing improvised protective gear helps a woman cross near the barricade in front of riot police in Kiev, Ukraine, Jan. 24.
15. Police block the road near the Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers building on Jan. 24, in Kiev, Ukraine. After two months of primarily peaceful anti-government protests in the city center, new laws meant to end the protest movement have sparked violent clashes in recent days
16. A woman speaks as she kneels down in front of a line of riot police in the center of Kiev on Jan. 24. Ukrainian protesters today expanded their protest camp in Kiev closer to the administration of President Viktor Yanukovych, after crisis talks to end Ukraine's worst crisis since its 1991 independence ended in deadlock.
17. Protesters warm themselves at a fire during continuous anti-government protests in Kiev, Ukraine, Jan. 24. Anti-government protesters in Ukraine vowed to carry on after President Viktor Yanukovych failed to make major concessions in late-night talks with opposition leaders.
18. Some 10,000 Ukrainians take part in the funeral ceremony of dead protester Yuri Verbytsky in the western city of Lviv on Jan. 24.
19. Anti-government protesters stand on a barricade at the site of clashes with riot police in Kiev, Jan. 24. Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich, in what appeared to be an offer of concessions to the opposition amid violent protests against his rule, pledged on Friday to reshuffle the government next week and to amend sweeping anti-protest laws.
20. Activists of Euromaidan (the name given for Independence Square) burn tires and warm themselves at a barricade in the center of Kiev early on Jan 24.