Class of 1978 25 th Reunion June 5-8, 2003. 25 Questions for 25 Years The Reunion Quiz. 1. When was Intersession?. 1. Answer: Between B and C Terms. 2. Which dorm housed the women on campus?. 2. Answer: Sanford Riley Hall. 3. What was the full name of the campus bar?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
25 Questions for 25 Years
The Reunion Quiz
The Goat's head Pub continued into the 1990's impacted by the fact that the drinking age was 21. WPI continued to have a beer and wine license until the mid 1990's when business came to a stand still and WPI stopped renewing the license. Functions with alcohol can still take place in the Pub with a one day beer license.
5. When was the arm and hammer weathervane from Washburn Shops stolen and was it ever recovered?
It was never recovered and had to be replaced.
6. What was that conspicuous space where the grade went on your term report known as?
8. Answer: Football had a losing record in 1978 1-7 and there was a committee studying whether to maintain the program or not. Crew was more successful in competition, even though it was only a club sport. Crew is now a varsity sport.
9. Which fraternity hosted an annual event with the theme of a tropical island?
Photo courtesy of Erik Hedberg
Karen Chesney (Honold) won in 1978
Note: this question/answer currently in debate
11. What was the name of the off campus pub most frequented by WPI students?
13. What campus leadership society “tapped” members for admission and did maneuvers at night?
The Skull Tomb
15. Which math professor frequented the campus pub on a regular basis?
18. Which discipline had the longest competency exam in terms of days given?
(1 week written with an oral later on)
19. What was the name of the day when students converged on the Quad and enjoyed beer and the outdoors?
Photo courtesy of John Downes
21. In which building was Dean Trask’s Office of Career Placement in 1978?
23. What was the name of the grocery store on Park Ave where most students living off campus shopped?
Photo courtesy of: Frank Leahy
25. Answer: on May 29, 1970, faculty approved implementation of the WPI Plan