Head Start. “Head Start is a celebration of human diversity and creativity” Head Start Parent Involvement Coordinator California By Stephanie Cullen, Emily Gaska, Nicole King. Thesis Statement.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
“Head Start is a celebration of human diversity and creativity”
Head Start Parent Involvement Coordinator California
By Stephanie Cullen, Emily Gaska, Nicole King
* fall below the federal poverty line, which is $18, 400 for a family of four
* have children that are between the ages of 3 and 5 years old
* Children with Special Needs also make up a percentage of the program
* This in turn encourages children to solve their own daily problems and gives them a sense of control in their unstable home environments
* Are less apt to be held back in school (Gotts, 1989; Irvine, 1982; Palmer, 1983)
* Are less likely to be placed in Special Ed classes (Gray et al., 1982; Irvine, 1982; Levenstien et al., 1983)
* Are more likely to graduate from high school (Fuerst & Fuerst, 1993; Gotts, 1989; Schweinhart et al., 1993)
* Have less criminal activity
* Earn a higher salary
(Schweinhart et al., 1993)
(National Head Start Association)