registering for your 12 th grade year n.
Skip this Video
Download Presentation
Registering for your 12 th grade year

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 8

Registering for your 12 th grade year - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

  • Uploaded on

Registering for your 12 th grade year. Reviewing your transcript Your transcript is the legal record of your high school courses, grades, and attempted/earned credits. Credits are earned based on a passing (D- or better) semester grade. Each course is worth 5 credits per semester.

I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Registering for your 12 th grade year' - zachary-rivas

Download Now An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
Reviewing your transcriptYour transcript is the legal record of your high school courses, grades, and attempted/earned credits.
  • Credits are earned based on a passing (D- or better) semester grade.
  • Each course is worth 5 credits per semester.
  • If you retake a class, you will only receive credit for it once. The higher grade will be used to compute your GPA.
  • In one year you can earn 10 credits per course for a total of 60 credits.
  • (6 classes x 10 credits per class = 60 credits)
  • You have completed 5 semesters of high school, so you should have 150 credits.
what else is on my transcript
What else is on my transcript?
  • Personal Information:
    • Name, address, phone number, gender, student ID #, birth date, counselor name.
  • Academic Information:
    • GPA (Grade Point Average), Class Rank, CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) results, credit summary.
  • If any information is incorrect, please make corrections and drop off in the Counseling Office.
what do i do if i m behind credits
What do I do if I’m behind credits?
  • Pass your classes this semester so that you don’t fall further behind.
  • As a Senior, you are eligible to enroll in night classes; if offered, through the Adult School for credit recovery.
  • If you are behind in credits, please make an appointment with your counselor to make a credit recovery plan. Time is absolutely critical at this point, DO NOT WAIT!
  • The best way to stay on track for graduation is to PASS YOUR CLASSES the first time!
what can i find in my course catalog www tracy k12 ca us sites ths departments counseling
What can I find in my Course Catalog?
  • THS graduation requirements.
  • A-G/College entrance requirements (these requirements MUST be completed with C grades or better to be eligible to apply to a 4-year college).
  • Course numbers and course descriptions. This is the information you will use when completing your registration worksheet.
  • If you don’t know what a class is about, make sure you read the course description.
  • Once you sign-up for a class on your registration worksheet, you will not be able to change it. You will have to stay in the class for the full year. Choose wisely!!
important 12 th grade happenings
Important 12th grade happenings
  • Graduation Status
    • In order to be eligible for Senior activities, you must be on- track for graduation, including (but not limited to) having a minimum of 190 credits at the beginning of 2nd Semester.
  • NCAA
    • If you plan to play a sport in college, you must register with the Clearinghouse at the end of your Junior year.
  • Scholarships
    • Visit the College/Career Center weekly and APPLY, APPLY, APPLY!
  • Applying to college
    • CSU’s (October 1-November 30); UC’s(November 1-30); Private Colleges(check their websites for application deadlines)
    • To be taken no later than December 2013. Must register online.
  • Financial Aid Night (January 2014)
    • FAFSA
    • Cal Grant GPA Verification Form
what do i do with my registration worksheet
What do I do with my Registration Worksheet?
  • Make sure your name and phone number are written clearly. Get all required signatures!
  • Required courses for the 12th grade:
    • English
    • American Government/Economics
    • Elective
    • Elective
    • Elective
    • Elective
  • In order to list T.A. as an elective, you must attach the T.A. form from the teacher you wish to T.A. for.
  • Work Experience cannot be listed as an elective. If you are interested in Work Experience, you will need to be approved when school starts.
  • This information must be shared with your parent or guardian. Your parent/ guardian MUST sign this form.
  • You will meet with your counselor in one week. Use this time to get required signatures from your teachers and to discuss your options with your parents.
  • Your English teacher will inform you of the due date for your COMPLETED Registration Worksheet. S/he will also let you know the date you will be meeting with your counselor.
do you have any questions

Do you have any questions?

Now is the time to ask!