REGION Q Request for Proposals Bidders’ Conference. Workforce Investment Act ADULT & DISLOCATED WORKERS PITT COUNTY Program Year 2007. Thursday, March 29, 2007. 11:00 A.M. Agenda. Welcome & Purpose Region Q Website Overview of Request for Proposal Performance Standards
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Workforce Investment Act
ADULT & DISLOCATED WORKERS
Program Year 2007
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Region Q Workforce Investment Consortium Five County Region:
RFP PROPOSALS ACCEPTED FOR:
Leveraged Funding and Service Coordination
Bidders will leverage community resources to create a seamless network of services that are easily accessible and relevant to customers. To have a meaningful impact on the quality and breadth of the JobLink services system, bidders must be able to draw upon a resource base that extends beyond WIA funding. Bidders should describe connections to other funding sources that will benefit participants and increase the cost effectiveness of federal funds.
To be eligible for the dislocated worker program, an eligible adult must meet the definition of “dislocated worker” at section 101(9) of the Act. 101(9)
The term “dislocated worker” means:
(1) An individual who has been terminated or laid off, or who has received notice of termination or layoff, from employment, and is eligible for or has exhausted entitlement to unemployment compensation, and is unlikely to return to a previous industry or occupation.
(2) An individual who has been terminated or laid off, or who has received notice of termination or layoff, from employment, and has been employed for a duration sufficient to demonstrate, to the appropriate entity at a one-stop center referred to in section 134(c), attachment to the workforce, but is not eligible for unemployment compensation due to insufficient earnings or having performed services for an employer that was not covered under a State unemployment compensation law, and is unlikely to return to a previous industry or occupation.
(3)An individual who has been terminated or laid off, or who has received a notice of termination or layoff, from employment as a result of any permanent closure of, or any substantial layoff at, a plant, facility, or enterprise.
(4) An individual who is employed at a facility at which the employer has made a general announcement that such facility will close within 180 days.
(5) For purposes of eligibility to receive services other than training, intensive, or supportive services, an individual who is employed at a facility at which the employer has made a general announcement that such facility will close.
(6) An individual who was self-employed (including employment as a farmer, rancher, or fisherman) but is unemployed as a result of general economic conditions in the community in which the individual resides or because of a natural disaster
(7) An individual who is a displaced homemaker.
The 2006 WIA Performance Goals for Region Q Adult and Dislocated Workers are given as a guideline. Region Q has not received Performance Goals for PY 2007
Note: Performance goals are pending WIA reauthorization and the implementation of Common Measures. All Region Q Operators are expected to exceed performance goals.
Common Measures proposed to be implemented:
Adult Measures: Entered Employment
Cost Reimbursement Contract
Pitt County $ 270,499
Pitt County $ 228,284
Submit proposals no later than
4:00 p.m. EDT on April 20, 2007
to the Region Q Local Area Office.
Proposals must include:
(1) One copy labeled “Original”
(5) Five additional copies of RFP
Submitted in 3-ring binder
Completion of all forms
Proposal Format and Required Forms in Order
ASSURANCES & CERTIFICATION
AND VOLUNTARY EXCLUSION LOWER TIER COVERED TRANSACTIONS Requires signature of authorized representative & date.
Friday, April 20, 2007 by 4:00 p.m. EDT
Proposals will not be accepted after that time.
AFTER THE BIDDERS’ CONFERENCE, STAFF WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY QUESTIONS ASKED IN WRITING, PERSON OR BY TELEPHONE!
Region Q Workforce Investment Consortium is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities