1. *A Mesopotamian terraced pyramid in which each terrace is smaller than the one below it.
2. @*A movement that encouraged Jews to return to Palestine, the Jewish homeland, which many Jews call Zion.
3. *A famous emperor of ancient Mesopotamia, who ruled from 1792 to 1750 B.C.
4. *An area between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers in what is now the country of Iraq.
6. *The removal of salt from sea water to make it usable for drinking and farming.
7. *A Sumerian system of writing, in which wedge-shaped symbols were used.
8. *A religion that developed out of Judaism that is based upon the life and teachings of Jesus.
10. *People with no fixed home who move about in search of food, water, and grazing land.
11. *A region consisting of what is now Iraq, northeast Syria, and part of southeast Turkey.
12. @*A country to the south of Egypt that was a source of the gold the Egyptians used in their pyramids.
13. *The monotheistic religion founded by Abraham and whose followers are called Jews.
15. *A man made water passage in NE Egypt connecting the Mediterranean and the Red Sea.
Suez Canal (11/17/1869)
18. *The Organization which decides the price and amount of oil produced each year in Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Venezuela, and other countries.
O.P.E.C. Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries
Qur’an or Koran
22. *A religion that teaches that there is one god and that Muhammad is his prophet.
24. @*A pilgrimage to Mecca that most Muslims try to make at least once in a lifetime.