Searching Evidence for the Color Glass Condensate at RHIC. New Discoveries at RHIC BNL, May 14-15, 2004. J.-P. Blaizot and F. Gelis, SPhT, CEA Saclay and CNRS. Quantum ChromoDynamics. Non linear effects become important when. Gluon saturation
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Color Glass Condensate
New Discoveries at RHIC
BNL, May 14-15, 2004
J.-P. Blaizot and F. Gelis, SPhT, CEA Saclay and CNRS
Non linear effects become important when
a regime with weak coupling, many
cooperating degrees of freedom, strong fields.
Non linear effects important when
Gribov, Levin, Ryskin 83
Mueller, Qiu 86
From fit to DIS (HERA)
In a nucleus
The conditions in the central rapidity of a nucleus-nucleus collision
at RHIC are similar to those at HERA
Partons set free have typical tranverse momenta
They are set free at (proper) time
At that time
(J.-P. B., A. Mueller, 87)
COLOR GLASS CONDENSATE
AND JIMWLK(*) EQUATION
(*) Jalilian-Marian, Iancu, McLerran, Weigert, Leonidov, Kovner
(Gotsman, Levin, Lublinsky, Maor hep-ph/0209074)
Compilation by K. Eskola
Kharzeev & Levin, Phys. Lett. B523 (2001) 79
PHOBOS, PRL 91
Interpretation in the color glass picture:
J. Jalilian-Marian, nucl-th/0212018
Albacete et al, hep-ph/0307179
(Related analytical work by Iancu, Itakura, Triantafyllopoulos hep-ph/0403103)
- Saturation picture (color glass condensate) does provide a successful phenomenology, both at RHIC and at HERA.
- Saturation manifests itself at lower energy in nucleus-nucleus collisions than in proton-proton collisions
- Color glass only provides initial conditions. Because of final state interactions, AA collisions do not allow for direct tests.
- dA are much better. Going to forward rapidity one gets a chance to « see » evolution of parton densities.
- Phenomena should be more visible at the LHC
- Important to get a complete control of the initial conditions