Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
VCAL @ Sandringham Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning. Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning. Intermediate and Senior VCAL (general classes) Prepares students for work and TAFE training Classes at school 3 days a week, Wednesday at TAFE and Friday at work
Intermediate and Senior VCAL (general classes)
‘Arts’ & ‘LOTE’ Senior VCAL (themed classes)
You are required to select one unit of PD each semester
Students are introduced to the world of art and take an active role within it. Using the combined skills of drawing, painting, ceramics and graphics, students crate artworks that express their own view of the world. Insights, emotions, stories, opinions and hopes are just some of the motivations students will draw upon for artistic Inspiration.
Food and Me
Students learn the essentials about hygiene, menu planning, nutrition, economical meals, They cook every week and enjoy eating the scrumptious food they prepare.
Compulsory additional PD units for all Yr 11 students (Intermediate).
Students learn essentials such as web development, Internet search engines, software applications, graphics, and animation. The aim is to equip students with personal and workplace ICT skills to improve their employability.
The full range of VET studies is available
See the course handbook for descriptions.
1. Yr 10 pass. Student must have passed at least 80% of subjects studied (including a unit of English).
2. Satisfactory Reports. The student’s last two reports should reflect consistent application, respectful attitude to teachers and peers and acceptable behaviour.
3. Vocational Focus. Student should be able to articulate their vocational focus and pathway and demonstrate that this is genuine.
4. Applied Learner. Student need to show that he/she involves him/ herself in projects and work effectively in teams. He/she needs to be able to self initiate and organise him/herself.
5. Community and Social Awareness. Student needs to demonstrate a capacity to function cooperatively and effectively in various community settings and have reasonable social skills- communication, respect and empathy.
6. Referee. Student will need to provide the name of their last Coordinator, so that a Coordinator from Sandringham College can contact them to discuss the student’s history and transition.
Factors that strengthen application
1. Part time job. Student is employed in regular part time work or has a School Based Apprenticeship or Work Placement organised.
2. Community work. Student has demonstrated a capacity to involve him or herself in community or volunteer work.