CONSTRUCTION ACADEMY 2012. CONSTRUCTION & FINAL ESTIMATES ISSUES. Final Estimates Issues. Prep & Doc Manual-Updates Review & Admin Manual-Updates Other Final Estimates Issues Specifications Changes Process Review Findings Specific Questions! Streamlining Final Estimates
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
FINAL ESTIMATES ISSUES
Production Pile = 30’
Production Pile = 55’
On this Project, Designer missed a Turnout at Station 212+75.31 on the right side of the main roadway.
The Pay Item Is Turnout Construction 286 -1 (a Plan Quantity Pay Item)
This is a Plan Error, so how do we measure and document this?
Using the information provided on the slide and the handout (Form 700-050-61)
Please sketch the turnout with dimensions,
Show date, time and person taking measurements /calculations.
Calculate total Area to the nearest Square Yard.
All dimensions are in linear feet.
Area of Trapezoid = [(a + b) ÷2]h = SF
Area of Rectangle = ( b X c) = SF
Area of Square = ( c X d) = SF
Area of ¼ of Circle = (πr2 ÷ 4) = SF
a = 24’
b = 28’
c = d = 12’
r = 12’
How do we spot check?1. First check the Gallons2. Check to see if the Contractor used the correct Indexes and the price index difference. 3. Check the Total Monthly dollar amount
100 8.58 #/Gal
This Conventional Project was let in March of 2011.
You randomly picked out Contractor’s Worksheet No. 5 to check; period represents pay in Month of July 2012.
You will need to check gallons, Total Gallons, Indexes (Current and Base), plus total dollar amount for AC, Polymer & AC Permeable Base.
SCOPE OF WORK - INTENT AND SCOPE
MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT
1. Prices provided in Contract - Tables 9-2 and 9-3
2. Adjustments could be < or > the Contract amount; up to 105% of the original Contract amount.
3. Failed Material: Remove/replace or leave in at no pay (FDOT discretion)
Verification testing reduced to ½ of the standard verification testing frequency
1. Plan Quantity Projects
2. Lump Sum Projects
1. Upon Final Acceptance, send e-mail “Reminder Notice” of Section 9-8 to the Contractor, and copy in the DFEO
2. Also, with Reminder Notice Letter; PA will include Acceptance Letter*
3. No Offer of Final Payment to the Contractor on these types of Contracts
4. Submit F. E. Package to DFEO
5. Contractor needs to send Contract Documents and Final Invoice, listed in Section 9-8, directly to the DFEO.**
6. Final Invoice approved by Project Administrator